Thursday, October 3, 2013

Biotera Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Hey everyone,
       A while back I went into Sally's looking for a new shampoo and conditioner.  I usually like to try out new brands and new products, and never really stick to one specifically, so I consider most of the recommendations I get.  So while in Sally's, one of the girls recommended I try out the Biotera brand.  I specifically picked out the volumizing shampoo and conditioner set and got the two for about 9 dollars each (These are one liter bottles).

       I have long hair, down to my hip bones, and it's hard for me to get good volume with my heavy hair -- layers and all!  The first thing I noticed about this shampoo and conditioner was the smell.  It isn't a terrible smell and I've read many reviews from people saying they love the scent.  To me, however, the scent is very clean -- in a cleaning product kind of way.  It reminds me of a freshly cleaned public bathroom.  I didn't want that smell in my hair all day.  A couple weeks after using this shampoo and conditioner I noticed that my hair was very dry at the ends and always tangled.  Having such long hair, I'm used to having to comb it often.  While using this shampoo and conditioner, however, every time I brush my hair I shed like crazy! I also noticed that it weighed down my hair tremendously, and my roots were always greasy.  I wanted to be sure that it was the shampoo and conditioner causing these issues instead of the weather or some other factor, so I stopped using it for a few weeks.  Yep -- it was the shampoo and conditioner.  I wasn't expecting something super great because of the price of the set, but I did expect something better than greasy roots, broken ends, and hair loss.  I tried to finish using this product, thinking if I used other products to help style my hair, it'd work out better.  I just can't do it.  My poor hair needs something better :(
       I might consider purchasing other Biotera products, but these specific products are a no-go for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment